Do your homework:
- Hire only a licensed and insured contractor.
- Check contractor’s license at www.dpor.virginia.gov.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau for complaints at www.vawest.bbb.org.
- Do a credit check. Visit Dunn and Bradstreet at www.dnb.com.
- Check to see if they are a member of the New River Valley Home Builders Association at www.nrvhba.com.
- Ask for various references including those from current and previous customers, banks, and vendors. Call at least three.
- Request a copy of the contractor’s standard contract, specifications, and warranty. Consider having an attorney review the documents.
- Ask to see and tour current building projects. Look for clean, organized, and safe job sites.
Want to know more? Click HERE for more information
Download Highlander’s New Construction Powerpoint Presentation
(Right-click to Save)